Will replacing a 6 cell battery with a 9 cell for Acer 5253-BZ480 cause blue screen

Options
cgronni60
cgronni60 Member Posts: 3 New User

I recently had to replace my battery.  Instead of a 6 cell battery I got a 9 cell battery.  Ever since I am experencing blue screens.  Could the battery be the cause?  I have tried just about everything to solve this.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

It could be the cause of the bluescreens, but it could also be software or a different hardware problem. What is the part number of the battery you installed? I would like to check and make sure it is a suitable replacement part.

• cgronni60
    Options

Thank you, all I have is H1129AR10D31

• Blayn-Acer
    Options

Sorry, but I do not recognize that part number and was unable to get additional information from a google search on the number. Is there any other information you can provide me about the battery? Does it have voltage information on it?

• cgronni60
    Options

I found this on the sku HOAR741LP1412230038,   lI-ION 11.0 V 7800mAh.  I tried just removing the battery and plugging it in (with old one) and still got a blue screen.  I am now using a laptop fan starting today.

• Blayn-Acer
    Options

I show this system was only qualified with a 4400MAH battery. I'm not saying that it won't work with the 7800MAH, but just that we never tested it in that configuration. If the problem is happening with the old battery too, it may be a software problem, or a problem with another hardware component. It could be a cooling issue that your fan resolves as well. You could try reloading Windows using Acer Recovery Management to see if that resolves the bluescreening. If it does not, your system may require service.