Why is Ferrari ONE 200 not eligible for Windows 10 upgrade?

Options
priyp
priyp Member Posts: 7 New User

Hello. Does anyone know why Acer Ferrari ONE 200 series laptop is not eligible for Windows 10 upgrade? It was bought new with Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit (now SP1). I have not got the 'Get Windows 10' icon. Windows Update is up to date. I have run the GW10Appdiagnostic.diagcab from Microsoft. It says I am not eligible for upgrade. Another question might be is it beneficial/possible to upgrade to W8 or W8.1 ... or is it simply best to remain W7?

Thanks in advance

BRgds

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,607 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Did in give any reason for the ineligibility? If not, I suggest we first try the other link that I listed in my last post. Report back.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Options

>>>best to remain W7>>>

I think you correctly answered your own question. We'll look into your other Win10 upgrade issue. Stay tuned.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Options

OK. Did the diagnostic cabinet arise from running the Microsoft executable in this link? If not, try it to see if it'll yield more info. Report back.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/windows-10-upgrade

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• priyp
    Options

Thank you so much for replies. The link I followed was:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081048

and I clicked on the windows trouble shooter in the third paragraph (Resolution) which downloaded the GW10Appdiagnostic tool. It is this that says I am not eligible for the upgrade

Cheers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options

Did in give any reason for the ineligibility? If not, I suggest we first try the other link that I listed in my last post. Report back.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• priyp
    Options

Jack ... I tried to run my link again to see if it gave a reason for inelgibilty. But alas, it would not run the diagnostic a second time. So I followed your link and (rather nervously) clicked on  Get Windows 10 ... and here I am, writing an eMail from my Ferrari ONE running Windows 10 !!! Early days yet (more like 2 hours really) but all seems well.

Thank you.

I shall report back if I encounter any strange behaviour ... my (home built) desktop has been running W10 for a few months now (upgrade from W8.1 <and XP before that>) and all seems well (fingers X).

Cheers now, and thank you again

BRgds