Why eRecovery Management disks does not partition to default factory on blank hdd 160GB

Options
Maco2112
Maco2112 Member Posts: 12 New User

Hi, all

i have a netbook ao532h bought in 2010. what i m bug is that i bought the recovery dvds from Acer and i m not able to find a solution to rebuild the partition with the rRecovery Management tools. From in window, when i install OS on full lenght hdd partition, or by outside window by booting on dvds (Optical drive needed).

The win 7 starter version install well with all stuff additional. But when i want to create a default factory disk backup, it dont work because of non original hdd configuration.

How to make eRecovery management tool to build the os partition and hidden recovery partition and data partition?

Answers

• philetus
    Options

If you have the Acer recovery disks and they are working, they will install all the partitions, including the recovery partition. Are you saying you don't have an optical drive and you want to make a recovery drive?

• Maco2112
    Options

hi philetus

what i mean is that i have the Recovery medias bought from Acer.

my hdd is 160 Gb and the hidden recovery partition is lost.

i have an optical drisk drive to launch the recovery management dvds by booting with em.

but they dont build the partition as the oem factory default and it has the consequence that i cannot make a backup of the hdd with eRecovery Management tool from Acer tools in windows when the installation is finished.

it say as error message something like bad hdd configuration (not factory default)...

usually, i think that when the dvds works fine, they should create all 3 partitions: first hidden for recovery, the second for OS and last one for data persistent.

i was thinking that those dvds could rebild all partition to set back my hdd to default factory settings...

i was thinking that it could be because of the small size of hdd, but i tried with a 500gb and the dvds installation process bugged at window starting services status...

so i m without solution and i asked for technician from acer to mail me to ask a repair at factory, but its not still done... i would like to try someting else again

• philetus
    Options

If you haven't done this, give it a try.

Boot the laptop with a Windows Install cd. When it gets to the install page click Repair my Computer,

Find the command prompt and type diskpart,

then type list disk, find your HHD, it will mst likely be Disk 0.

Type select disk 0

Type clean

Type create partition primary

type active

Type format fs=ntfs

Type exit and again exit. 

Boot to the first recovery disk.

• Maco2112
    Options

Hi philetus,

i done what you reply to me and; no, its still doing one full lenght partition without recovery partition.

is it possible that it could be because i dont use english version and the default settings are for english version.

i think that because i read the RCD.dat file of the language CD and it is designed for the version X0(english) and the french one is F1...

i will give a try and i comeback to take you informed

My version of Acer eRecovery Management is 7.5.15

• philetus
    Options

Did you buy the recovery disks from Acer? Does the package thet arrived in say they came from Acer?

How many disks did you receive? 

If the disks are recovering the system to a bootable, usable system, but without installing the recovery partition, they must lack the data to to install the recovery partition. 

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

My 532h came with 3 CDs, 2 recovery and 1 system.

It is running Win10 Anniversary on one partition and Windows 7-64 on a second.

Diskmgmt is showing a 12GB recovery partition, a 102MB "System Reserved", 68.5GB "C:" (Win 10) and 68.4GB "D" (Win 7).

Until I bought the R3, the 532 was my favorite trip computer.

Just a thought but if you shrink your C: drive by 15GB, it might be able to create your recovery partition.

ps I use only external media for recovery, suggest you create a recovery flash drive (16GB or more) and save a system image on an external NTFS fixed disk.

• Maco2112
    Options

yes i bought the cds at acer store. i have 5 cds: 2 recovery, 2 language (fr,en), and a system one.

i have done a receipe to make the Alt+F10 start the reinstallation like booting with cds.

i made 3 partitions on the 160Gb hdd. the first: 9Gb and i put a combination of the files on cds. this partition is ntfs

the combination is adding a "d2d" named folder and place the content of recovery cds in, plus the patch folder of system disc in too. and move the rcd.dat of recovery disc to root folder. edit rcd.dat for language parameter in french and number of pieces(CD). this partition must be with no letter assigned and activated. the second is half of balance space on hdd and the third too. then i boot and it is like if i use the cds, but very faster.

the setup detect all partition and install OS on the partition 2 and automaticly set the first partition as recovery hidden one, But i still cant make a backup with Acer eRecovery management tool. it say bad  hdd configuration.

ps i read that this acer tool need a specific hdd configuration to work fine... something like EISA partition... dont know more

• padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

Is the disk formatted with a MBR or GPT boot sector ? An MBR can only have 4 partitions.

• Maco2112
    Options

i tried both : GPT and MBR.

with GPT, it say an error message telling missing drivers for a bad file system or volume corrupted.

the only way the cds works is by partitionning all range of hdd. execpt if i build the recovery first partition myself.

i suppose that my cds are not working as they are supposed...

i say that because this set of cds are not able to rebuild those tree partition structure as well as if i riped the image of hdd at time of purcharge of the netbook.

then i bought those cds for nothing at all, why i bought it, it was for refurbishing the netbook at factory setting, and all i have don is putting a bundle of softwares that i dont need absolutely.

ANYWAY !! I LL SLEEP TONIGHT Smiley Happy