White screen, now computer is dead

Options
Forsberg
Forsberg Member Posts: 1 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi!

I hope someone here can help me shed some light on my problem!

I bought an Acer Aspire V/-582PG 15,6" HD touch a month ago. Today I was playing games with a couple of friends when the screen suddenly turned white. I could still hear the game music and could talk to my friends on mumble. I tried to put the computer to sleep and turn it on again, but the screen was still bright white. I then tried to shut it down and start it again; the screen was still white.

I then connected it to my tv using hdmi. This enabled me to see the Windows login screen. Shortly after I logged in to Windows, the computer shut down. Now i can't start it and none of the lights on the computer are on.

Does anyone have any idea what could have happened? Do you think this is covered by the warranty? Never had a problem like this before...

Best regards,

Björn Forsberg

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

This seems to be an hardware issue.

If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may also live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat

If you have purchased the computer in any other country, you may contact Acer support here :Acer Global Support

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

This seems to be an hardware issue.

If you have a unit from US or Canada, you may also live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat

If you have purchased the computer in any other country, you may contact Acer support here :Acer Global Support