Which motherboards compatible with my 1830t?

Options
juntjoo
juntjoo Member Posts: 20 Networker
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives
Shopping for a replacement for this older laptop I've found several variations from the i3 to the i5 chip sets and according to the pics they all look physically the same tho one vendor warnes otherwise but I'm not sure if they're 100% sure. So which boards if more than the one can fit in my 1830t-6651 with stock motherboard #MBPTV01008 and which of them is the best? I assumed that the i5 was an upgrade from the i3 but then read somewhere that the i3 330um (vs i5 520um) was faster.

Anyone have any info? Thanks

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

May be this will help you. Here are the part numbers of the original motherboards for the Aspire 1830T series:

Spoiler
    MB.PTS01.001MAIN BD.HM55.W/I5-470.1.33G
    MB.PTT01.001MAIN BD.UMA.CPU.I5550UM.WO/3G
    MB.PTT01.003MAIN BD.UMA.CPU.I3-380.WO/3G
    MB.PTV01.002MAIN BD.UMA.CPU.I3330UM.WO/3G
    MB.PTV01.003MAIN BD.UMA.CPU.I5430UM.WO/3G
    MB.PTV01.004MAIN BD.UMA.HM55.CI5540UM.W/O.3G
    MB.PTV01.005MAIN BD.UMA.HM55.CI3330UM.W/O.3G
    MB.PTV01.006MAIN BD.UMA.HM55.CI3330UM.W3G
    MB.PTV01.007MAIN BD.UMA.I5-430.W/O.3G
    MB.PTV01.008MAIN BD.UMA.CPU.CI5470.WO/3G (yours)
    MB.PTV01.010MAIN BD.UMA.HM55.CI5540UM.W/O.3G
    MB.PTV01.011MAIN BD.UMA.HM55.CI5-560.W3G
    MB.R1W01.001MAIN BD.UMA.HM55.CI7-680.WO/3G
    France
  • juntjoo
    Options
    Thanks. Where did you get that info? I'd like to learn more about each of those boards.

Also, I need to know for sure. Are you 100% sure about this and if so what qualifies you? I'm asking because in this strange situation I'm in there is a seller out there that has something I want and I want to give him my money for it but for some strange reason he keeps blocking me stating simply that I need the exact motherboard that came with my computer but providing no supporting information to his claim, kinda like when your parents told you something it was true just because they said so. The exact model available is more expensive and in Poland from a different vendor and this guy is in my same country (US) and is selling an upgraded version of my board for cheap. And I don't want to argue with him anymore but I need definitive info so in case in get this board and have a problem there won't be any conflict as to any misunderstanding that I didn't get the correct board for my laptop therefore voiding my warranty. Thanks
  • juntjoo
    Options
    Can anyone help here? I need to know the compatible motherboards. Last poster posted useful looking into but I dont where they got it and what exactly it means. It's just a list. And all the vendors I've contacted dont seem to know anything, they seem to be going by limited info and no one has actually compared two different actual motherboards to check if they are indeed physically the same. Thanks
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,577 Trailblazer
    Options

Google the I'm feeling lucky keywords  "MBPTV01008" "spare parts" with the quotes. Search for the alternate motherboard that you're interested in and check its compatibility with your 1830T timelines series.

Also google the keywords "i3" , "i5" "i7" "wiki" with the quotes. As you'll see, these intel cores came with a variety of power consumptions with the most recent models having lower power consumption due to thinner mfg technologies.

Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• juntjoo
    Options
    Thanks but I've been googling for a week with no luck. I tried your suggestion and got this thread along with two other useless results. Sure would be nice if acer made themselves available for help.

I actually got the MB the vendor insisted was not compatible. Will arrive next week. They actually blocked me from bidding on their items after a couple emails asking about it. I guess they were afraid I would get it anyway, discover it was incompatible then try to return it. So I found it on Amazon, from the same seller lol. I hope they don't figure out it was me then cancel the order. I got the i5 550. Mine is the i5 470 (+or -). All the pics online show identical boards. Maybe a port or something won't fit right. I can file it open or something. I'm creative. I doubt it tho. They all are identical by the pics
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,577 Trailblazer
    Options

You should've only gotten one result by googling I'm feeling lucky, not 3. Try it again with the keywords "MBPTV01008" "spare parts" . Good luck. Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• juntjoo
    Options
    I don't think "I'm feeling lucky" is available on my phone. What is so special about that method of searching and what one result did you get? Mind sharing the url or just the domain? I could take it from there

If you're talking about sparepartswarehouse.com it doesn't have an answer for me