Which BETTER Processor/Graphics Card for Aspire 8530G 623G32mn

Options
Hellen
Hellen Member Posts: 6 New User

Hello, I own a dinosaur, an Acer Aspire 8530G (623G32mn), build 2009/10.

I would like to build in a better/stronger processor and graphics card.

The specs are currently 

=> AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-70 with 2.00GHz

=> ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 GPU with 512mb on a Socket S1

The system is running Win7 64bit

My question is, which newer or better hardware is compatible?

What do I have to keep in mind when installing them?

Bios problems that could occur?

Tricks?

I would be happy for maybe a list of compatible hardware, if someone can provide it, thank you!

(The following pictures are from the same-build spare-part provider, to show the socket/adapter of the CPU and GPU.

Please keep in mind that those are a different processor and GPU, since those have been replaced from my current laptop with the ones I mentioned above, and put those into the spare part provider)

CIMG1890.JPG

CIMG1891.JPG

Cooling processing unit with fan (Please ignore the dust...) Up is GPU, down is CPU 

CIMG1893.JPG

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,592 Trailblazer
    Options

Probably the most readily available and practical upgrades can be found at http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for//aspire-8530g .

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,082 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello Hellen,

The following parts were mounted on the Aspire 8530G.

The original most powerful processor:

KC.AQL02.640 - CPU.ATH64X2.2.1G.1M/35W (AMQL64DAM22GG)

The original graphic boards:

VG.M9206.004 - HD4570 - 512Mb DDR2

VG.82M06.003 - HD3650 - 512Mb DDR2 (yours)

VG.86M06.006 - HD3650 - 1024Mb DDR2

France
  • Hellen
    Options

@ JackE => They just show me compatible memory and SD's, sadly not what I need. 

• Hellen
    Options

@Laurent_14

The VG.86M06.006 - HD3650 - 1024Mb DDR2  would be nice already, but are there other compatible non-originally mounted processors and GPU units? 2.1GHz processor is a bit slow still. 

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,082 Trailblazer
    Options

@Hellen: Sorry no idea.

France
  • JackE
    Options

I'm afraid the keywords mentioned in this thread are "practical" upgrades for, as you say, your "dinosaur". Accordingly, you might want to consider a newer model with the features you need as a thriftier solution.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Hellen
    Options

'Buying a new system' is not what I can do right now for several private reasons, and since the system I have right now is working properly without failure, and I just am looking for compatible hardware that I would like to have for a better performance (I don't know where 'practical' came from, I didn't mention it in this thread at all), buying a new does not solve my question. 

(also buying new stuff does not always mean you get better things, seeing as my mother and aunt bought themselves NEW laptops which cannot run the games I have on this dinosaur right now. So newer is not always better, sadly) 

• JackE
    Options

I mentioned "readily available and practical" in my earlier response regarding the crucial.com link. You mentioned "dinosaur". 8^)

If it were mine, and it was working OK, I wouldn't chance messing it up with any upgrades other than those that are easily installed and readily available for it. In my own case, I had an older HP laptop that I could've upgraded for just a bit more than what  I actually paid for a brand new Acer. The new Acer can run circles around the old HP even with all the HP upgrades. 

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• Hellen
    Options

@JackE  Well, I am not trying to mess with my system by trying to put in something like a PC GPU in a laptop.

I have A LITTLE idea of what I am doing *lol*, I mean I put THIS CPU and GPU into THIS laptop, too, and I must say I have done a good job with installing parts that are clearly meant to be taken out/installed without killing this dino. 

I am aware that I cannot put incompatible hardware into a system. 

What I was asking for is if anyone KNOWS what parts I could use, and if I could run into problems. 
    I am aware that I cannot put a GPU made for a Toshiba into an Acer. 

I am aware that I have to stay (probably) with ATI/AMD for CPU and GPU.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

@Everyone  

I looked around a little, and am asking myself, since the sockets are the same of the GPU would THIS work? 

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 with 1gb. 

Is there a NEWER model available? CAN I use this GPU (I read ONCE that people said installing different hardware can mess up the BIOS. Is that a possibility, or is that not the case?) 

CPU wise, I found this 

AMD Turion II Dual-Core Mobile P520 2300 MHz Socket S1 CPU TMP520SGR23GM #3  

Is this compatible with my Aspire? *Scratches head*

by the way, the reason I do not buy a new laptop is because I'm on limited funds right now, and spending less than 200 bucks (a famous internet bidding portal is my way to get 'new' parts) on upgrading a system is all I can afford right now (even with a longer time to save up).
    Buying a new computer with the specs I want is sadly not an option, because I probably won't be able to save up the up to 800 bucks for it. 

Upgrading such an old laptop might cause people to shake their heads, but I really do not want to buy a new one. 

• JackE
    Options

Since you have a specific card in mind and if you haven't done so already, you might want to join and ask this question on the ATI mobility forum. http://forums.amd.com/game/categories.cfm?catid=492&entercat=y

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ