Where are files in PICTURES, DOCUMENTS, etc.?

Options
BrownshoeSailor
BrownshoeSailor Member Posts: 13 New User

Win 8.1 seems to have PICTURES instead of that cutesy "My Pictures" that was under Libraries the past yea many years.  And it appears to be on Drive C:, the SSD  -  but are the pics, docs and tunes actually on the D: drive (the real HD)?  Is there any way to get some trasnparency on this?  MickeySoft still seems to be in nanny mode  -  Nanny Bob, that is.  It feels more and more like the cold dead hand of Apple intruduing on our disk and data management.

Answers

• sathya0403
    sathya0403 ACE Posts: 586 Pioneer
    Options
    Hi,

The Documents & files are normally saved on the same drive as OS, the SSD in this computers are normally used as system recovery partition, hence the files are saved in the HDD. Cheers.
  • BrownshoeSailor
    Options

So is the OS on the SSD?  That would make sense for speed of loading.  I've gotten used to everything you put in what looks like C:\Pictures actually being in a user app data directry on the HD.  I just wish it was more upfront instead of hiding behind the redirection.  Thanks.

• sathya0403
    Options
    Hi,

I dont find the OS in SSD, Most of the times SSD would cary only the Recovery information & the OS will be in the main SATA HDD. Cheers.
  • BrownshoeSailor
    Options

OK; so how do I interpret what Mickeysift is showing me in File Explorer, and what a Mickeysoft "CHAT" person told me ("Just move Pictures and Documents to drive D:")  -  is there any way I can see what is REALLY WHERE, not what MS wants to tell me.

PS  -  while I'm no great fan of MS. I do really appreciate their Microsoft Store "Signature" line  -  unlike other Acers, this one came CLEAN of the tons of CrapWare they are usually loaded with

• sathya0403
    Options
    Hi,
    Could you please explain what exactly you are looking for, is there any way I can see what is REALLY WHERE?