Where I can find specifications for Acer laptops in order to upgrade? I have an Acer Aspire one

Options
BIGRED1
BIGRED1 Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi,

Where I can find specifications for Acer laptops in order to upgrade? I have an Acer Aspire One that is still running Windows XP.    

I have looked on the webiste and see the manual with no techinical info in it.   I am not finding the specificiations for this netbook.  

Can some one point to the info.

Thanks,

T

Best Answer

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,081 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Tom,

You can watch this video. This AOD250 have the same specifications than your (same motherboard with Intel Atom N270).

I suggest you to upgrade the memory to 2Gb:

KN.2GB09.003SODIMM.2GB.DDR2-667.LF (ELIPIDA)
    KN.2GB0B.011SODIMM.2GB.DDR2-667.SAM (SAMSUNG)

France

Answers

• laurent_14
    Options

Hello,

Could you give me the first ten characters of the laptop serial number (S/N)? Only the first ten.

France
  • padgett
    padgett ACE Posts: 4,532 Pathfinder
    Options

And it just lost my reply again.

OK first we need to know which Aspire One you have (I have two, an 09 running XP that is 32 bit only and an '011 now running Win7-64) there were quite a few different models.

And what are you trying to upgrade ? (Most came with 1 GB of RAM and can be upgraded to 2 GB. Also the Hard Disk can be replaced with something larger, and the battery can be replaced).

• BIGRED1
    Options

HI 

the 1st 10 of my Acer S/n is LUS700B0299

It is 2009 XP 32 bit.   I think it can take Win 7 (32 Bit)  It works fine - I just want to bring it up todate.   

Thanks,

Tom

• laurent_14
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello Tom,

You can watch this video. This AOD250 have the same specifications than your (same motherboard with Intel Atom N270).

I suggest you to upgrade the memory to 2Gb:

KN.2GB09.003SODIMM.2GB.DDR2-667.LF (ELIPIDA)
    KN.2GB0B.011SODIMM.2GB.DDR2-667.SAM (SAMSUNG)

France
  • BIGRED1
    Options

Thanks!