Webcam showing as working in Device manger but since Windows 8.1 updates doesn't work

Options
lgemza
lgemza Member Posts: 9 New User

Hello,

I'm using a Acer ASpire v3-371 runnign Windows 8.1 64 bit

My webcam has been fine ever since the latest windows updates. The first one a couple weeks ago made the webcam go blank or not display in certain App settings. My computer install updates just recenlty and ever since the restart I cant get the webcam to work. I open up the Windows 8.1 Metro Camera App and the green light left of the camera flickers several times and then stays on. The camera appears blank. In Skype no webcam preview is displayed but the webcam itself is recongized. In Adobe Flash on browswer sites it sees it, green light comes on, but wont' display camera.

i'vee run the hardward trouble shouting and finds that Some "Hardware changes may not of been detected". Restart after restarted. Removing drivers. Disabling options and reanabling and just won't work.

I would download the drivers from the acer website but they are all coded with short term labels and I'm not sure if any of them are for webcam or not. The onyl drivers possible may be ones down via install and the driver update options.

This seems to be an issue with Windows 8.1 updates what has now rendered my laptop webcamless for the foreseeable future.

Answers

• lgemza
    lgemza Member Posts: 9 New User
    Options

It is working now. I had it blocked by my anti-virus and security applications what I had to reinstall due to windwos updates, but I still get Hardware changes may not of been detected.