Warranty fixed problem created another

Options
TKJENGINEER
TKJENGINEER Member Posts: 1 New User

I have been a loyal Gateway/ACER user for o er 18 years.  As a IT professional in the broadcast field its acer/gateway portables and dell desktops.

I must say I have either fell into the cracks somehow or since the mergers acer is forgetting those of us who have helped build what they have here in the us.

The current machine I have as a portable is a Acer Aspire 7560 . 21002440916,  It is a sharp looking unit, quick on the fly and have maxed out the memory as this is my every day machine.  It has had its problems with hard drives.  This machine as eaten 2.  Both times machine was sent in and covered under the warranty.  The last was in November last year.  It was returned with a portion of the warranty still available, with a note from a tech that said motherboard replaced, hard drive replaced, optical replaced.  I did not ask for all those but ok, if techs think by billing the mothership company fine but I know better.  markings made by me are still there.  so someone defrauded someone and the same hard drive was returned just reformatted with restored os.  I know the tricks of the trade, slap a refirb. sticker and everything makes good.? 

Not 1 month after it was returned I discover ACER cancelled the remaining part of my warranty, and yet this hard drive 750 gb failed due to crc redundancy over flow *bad heads.  I was told for 350.  to send it in.  So, I bought a new harddrive installed myself.  I still wanted to extend the warranty just to be informed no.  Machine was built in 2013 so this is not a old machine.  I have a dell inspirion 6000 series I still have a extended warranty I pay for and it was made in 2006.  So cant be due to age.

Here is my issue.  I purchased this through HSN.  I have heard a number of IT pros say the specs for HSN and ACER direct are VERY VERY different as far as quality.  I paid a premium for upgrades, have upgraded the OS to 7 Pro and other than what I feel is a issue of cooling this laptop holds its on in the audio processing editing area, 

The hard drive installed in Jan 2014 would naturally have a WD HD warranty.  WD would only acklnowledge it was a re-newed hd issued to a system builder and did not handle acer warranty to contact them.  Acer said they no longer would replace due to the number ofdrive failures.  I still have a new 750 gb drive that has failed that needs warranty replacement.  I have been fighting back and forth via emails with WD and Acer who one blame the other.

WILL ACER AS A SHOW OF GOOD FAITH REPLACE THIS HARD DRIVE WITH A NEW NOT RE-NEW DRIVE?

Now, as of 2 days ago..  the original power supply caught fire on my desk at home.  Good thing I was at home, my whole house could have burnt down!

So I have a dead acer no way to charge the battery and hard drive.  My paitence is wearing thin after discovering today the recall.  HSN knew nothing about it when I spoke to them eiher. 

I shall await an answer!

Todd Johnson

Answers

• Cory-Acer
    Cory-Acer Administrator Posts: 1,449 Community Administrator
    Options

Hi Todd,

I understand you have some issues that you'd like for us to address, however, the adapter catching fire is something we need to address immediately. I'd like to request that you send me a private message with your name and phone number and I'll have someone reach out to you to addressthe adapter, but they'll also be able to take care of your other concerns as well.

Thanks,
    Cory