Very disappointed with new Acer

Options
LeeAnn42
LeeAnn42 Member Posts: 1 New User

I purchased my Acer on 4-4-15. After a wk or 2 it was acting weird so I took it back to Staples. They removed some viruses & said it was strange that it had the viruses. (No, I didn't download anything to cause them.) Then about a month later I couldn't install my Print Shop. I took it back in & they said the program had probably used all its downloads. So on May 25, it was still acting weird. I restored it back to the end of April. It deleted Family Tree Maker and Freecorder (which were downloaded in May, so that didn't surprise me). But it also messed up Microsoft Word (which was downloaded on April 11). It tried to install Family Tree Maker & Freecorder & re-install Word but I couldn't do so. I took it back to Staples & they kept it almost 2 weeks and couldn't figure out what was wrong. I complained to the mgr & he said that if they couldn't fix it, they would give me a new computer. They finally decided to delete everything and restore it to factory settings. After that, they were able to reinstall all these other programs. But now, it is still not running right. It is slow to open anything and sometimes it won't open them at all. It just keeps going round & round with the little icon at the top of the page until I stop it. Sometimes I will just get a blank page. This is my second Acer (first one was OK which is why I purchased it again). But it is my last. It is only 2 months old and my 3-year old Lenovo runs twice as good as this Acer. I will advise anyone against buying an Acer.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options

>>> I took it back to Staples & they kept it almost 2 weeks and couldn't figure out what was wrong. I complained to the mgr & he said that if they couldn't fix it, they would give me a new computer. >>>

Did Staples follow thru on their offer and give you a new replacement?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ