VN7-791 completely unusable product

Options
borgdrone7
borgdrone7 Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi,

I bought VN7-791 for programming. I fewquently sqitch with alt-tab between browser and IDE. My laptop constantly changes brightness so my eyes hurt afte 5 minutes. I literary cannot use laptop at all. I tried to return it but shop did not accept. 

I tried everything like:

Disabling sensor service in windows (Windows 8.1)

Of course disabling Intel display power technology

In power advanced settings disabled adaprive brightness

Setting intel power plan to max performance on all places (including advanced power plans)

Creating default power plans in both windows and intel graphics with display power/adaptive brightness disabled

Tried installing manually latest Intel drivers.

I almost throw our my laptop to garbage today. I cannot even sell it because it is completely unusable garbage. I dont understand how can Acer sell laptop which they even did not turn on once and tried minimizing one window and opening another. This laptop cannot be used more than 5 minutes without serious pain in eyes. 

How can I return this brick, local shop does not accept it and I dont want to waste $1400?

Thanks

Answers

• DefectedSound
    DefectedSound Member Posts: 16 New User
    Options

Is it still under warranty?

• borgdrone7
    Options
    Hi,

Yes it is, I bought it 2 months ago. As I said i cannot return it since they dont see it as a problem Smiley Happy. Very funny and sad at the same time. Do other people who bought it experience the problem? I guess if you just surf or for example play game that it would not be big problem. Problem is that I continuously use alt tab to switch programs which makes my laptop screen adjust brightness like crazy. Worst is that it actually does oposite of whats good for eyes. When screen is white it increases brightness so your eyes immediately hurt, if I switch to IDE which has black screen with color text it actually decreases brightness so I barely can see the text. I really dont get this "technology", as if they intentionaly want to prevent me from working. Also it ought to save power but even when plugged in it happens. If it was cheaper I would sell it as parts (hdd, screen, etc), but if I sell $1400 laptop for parts I will maybe get $350 and lose $1100 at least.
  • trettet
    trettet Member Posts: 20

Tinkerer

Options

Where did you get your "Latest" Intel GFX Drivers?

• borgdrone7
    Options
    I found it on Intel page and followed their instructions for manual driver installation from zip. This changed nothing since installation just said that latest driver is already installed. Of course I downloaded all the drivers from Acer support page too (latest ones for my model) which also did not help.
  • trettet

Tinkerer

Options

battery 

just to double check have you turned off Adaptive Brightness on your Current Battery Plan?

Disabled Dimmed Brightness? 

• trettet

Tinkerer

Options

and also is this issue present when the laptop is plugged in?

• borgdrone7
    Options
    Hi,
    Yes they are both Off and it happens even when laptop is plugged in. Also they are Off for all power plans.