V5-573G Bluetooth Issues

Options
TNTNTN
TNTNTN Member Posts: 7 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi all,

As of this morning my bluetooth disappeared on my Acer Aspire V5-573G. I bought a bluetooth headset which worked fine yesterday (using Bluesoleil software). When I go to PC settings, the bluetooth on/off slide is gone. How can I get my bluetooth to work again? I run Windows 8.1 and already tried to install the Atheros/Intel drivers via the official Acer website. 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Windows logo key + x
    click on Device manager

click on View  tab

select  Show hidden devices

if Yellow exclamation mark is present
    double click on it
    choose "Details" tab
    from dropdown menu, select HardwareIDs
    click on the first value and copy/paste it here

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • TNTNTN
    Options

Cheers for your response! Windows + X is not doing anything for me. I added a screenshot of all bluetooth devices that showed up in device manager (including hidden). Does this help you? 

Naamloos.jpg

• IronFly
    Options

Bluesoleil seems to work, since the BT icon is highlighted, by the way some IVT devices has a question mark.

can you double click one of this and check if driver is working?

please check also if BT service is working:

windows key logo + r

type

services.msc

then check if BT service is enabled (automatic start) and running, if not, double click it and start the service, then check if headphones works.

• TNTNTN
    Options

All IVT devices state that the: "device is working correctly" (should I also check if there are updates for these drivers?). The "Bluetooth Support Service" is turned off, but everytime I set it to automatic and click on start or run it seems to reset the settings after a while back to off. I just turned it on but sadly Bluesoleil still says that the bluetooth-service is unavailable.

• IronFly
    Options

Try to uninstall Bluesoleil, reboot and check BT service again.

• TNTNTN
    Options

Thank you for your patience with me. Uninstalled Bluesoleil and rebooted my laptop. The bluetooth slider now shows when I click "pc settings", should I reinstall Bluesoleil and see if it works?

Edit: and bluetooth services is running even after the reboot.

• IronFly
    Options

Try to use headphones without installing Bluesoleil, maybe re-install the original Acer BT drivers from Acer support website:

http://us.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers/4843;-;Aspire%20V5-573G

• TNTNTN
    Options

Despite the bluetooth option being back, the pc settings screen now keeps freezing everytime I click on bluetooth. So it won't open. I already installed the latest driver as you suggested and rebooted my PC afterwards. 

• IronFly
    Options

Try to re-install Bluesoleil software, i'm not a fan of this software but worth a try.

• TNTNTN
    Options

Sadly Bluesoleil wont find my BT headset either Smiley Sad

• IronFly
    Options

Ok, maybe you can give a last try on restoring a previous configuration point (when the BT modul was working), if you have any.

control panel/system/system protection/system restore

if after restoring to a previous point, you still have the issue, i suspect some BT hardware failure.

• TNTNTN
    Options

I already tried that, but I did not have any restore points for that specific date. The weird thing is, is that the hardware was working but suddently stopped working the next day. Acer is driving my crazy with connectivity issues, I already had to purchase an USB Wi-Fi adapter because the built-in Wi-Fi is just a nightmare as the BT is now. Thanks for your help though, appreciate it!

• IronFly
    Options

You welcome. Smiley Very Happy

Maybe not the best solution but:

1) uninstall Bluesoleil

2) uninstall Acer BT drivers

3) on Device manager, right click on your BT device and select uninstall

4) reboot

5) let windows check for any suitable driver and see if this gives you any option to pair your headphones