V5-473 default boot device missing or boot failed

Madturk
Madturk Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives
Hi every one,
I have aspire V5-473p, it was all working fine few days ago. I have just turn my laptop on today and had a error on the screen saying default boot device missing or boot failed.
I searched on Google and restored my bios to default but still same issue. I have tried to start my laptop from acer recovery mode by holding alt and continuely pressing on F10 did not work I was create a recovery pen drive including my recovery partition but that turns up with no recovery image found. I used third party software and start from cd to check my partition and all my partition on my hard drive is in place including recovery partition.
Any idea why my laptop doesn't load windows 8.1
Thanks

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

boot to BIOS pressing F2

Set BOOT to LEGACY mode

check also if D2D is enabled (this will enable the erecovery from ATL+F10)

press F10, save and exit

see if it can boot

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Madturk
    Madturk Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi ACE IronFly,
    Thank you for your reply but I all ready tried that and did not work. I just join the Microsoft insider program and download and installed windows 10 evaluation on my acer. Too soon to say anything but I have been using my laptop to catch up with my work almost all morning and so far so good. It is working lot better than windows 8.
    I'm actually pc and network technician myself and I have tried every possible troubleshoot available. Also when I purchase the laptop I have create recovery usb pen including recovery partition using acer recovery manangment, when I check usb pen drive all needed files and folder actually on the pen drive but yet again during recovery process acer recovery manangment failed to find image file?
    Again thank you for reply, I preciated.