V3-572G disasembly, need help

Options
NexusRoy
NexusRoy Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi, I'm looking to replace the internal HDD with an SSD. The thing is, I realized, after buying the laptop, that there is no easy to reach compartment in the back, you must disasembly the laptop (screws and front panels I believe) to reach the internal parts, such as the HDD.

The problem is there is no manual, no videos, no help on how to perform this operation and I don't want to go too far and break the device.

What I'm asking for, if possible is a MANUAL WITH PICTURES on how to disasembly the V3-572G (51JH model) in order to replace the HDD.

Thanks.

Answers

• NexusRoy
    NexusRoy Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I already found that link days ago, but when I tried to open the laptop that way, the case offered A LOT of resistance and I didn't found any mark or something that points you to open it.

Also, I believe someone managed to open this laptop by opening the keyboard case, NOT the back case.

• tom118
    tom118 Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

Options

Check out this thread Smiley Wink 

http://forum.notebookreview.com/acer/758049-aspire-v3-572g.html

Replacing the DVD with a caddy it's the BEST option, you won't miss the dvd drive trust me. 

• cragbot
    cragbot Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I just figured this out, here are the steps I used to access the internal hard drive and RAM

1. Remove battery and all screws on the back cover (there are no screws under the rubber feet)
    2. Relieve all plastic clips holding on the case (a guitar pick/spudger is helpful)
    3. Flip the computer right side up and carefully open the lid
    4. The top panel (housing the keyboard) should lift free. If you have any trouble double check that all the clips are relieved. DO NOT COMPLETELY REMOVE THIS PANEL YET
    5. There are four ribbon cables that need to be removed. The large one is released by sliding two tabs toward the hinge of the computer. the rest are removed by flipping up the white tabs.
    6. Now you can completely remove the top panel that houses the keyboard.
    7. To remove the internal hard drive first disconnect the ribbon cable that passes from the motherboard, over the drive, and to the daughter board that contains two usb 2.0 ports (on the right side of the computer)
    8. Next undo the screws holding the drive tray in place
    9. Carefully slide the drive tray toward the right side of the computer and lift it out by the front of the tray
    10. Undo the screws that hold the drive in the drive tray to replace the drive.

Replacing the RAM requires removing the motherboard as it is on the back side of the board and cannot be accesed otherwise.

1. Disassemble the computer as described above
    2. Undo the screws that hold the mother board and connected components in place.
    3. There is one screw near the hard drive connector, and another near the battery connector.
    4. You should also remove the fan which has 2 screws and the wifi adapter which has one screw.
    5. The fan connector is under some black tape right next to the wifi adapter.
    6. Remove the remaining connectors on the board
    7. These include a speaker connector at the front of the board by the trackpad, a power connector by the battery connector, and a ribbon cable for the display.
    8. The speaker connector is pretty stiff, but it will come lose.
    9. The power connector is under the board but comes out pretty easily if you lift the board slightly to remove it.
    10. After everything is clear of the mother board it should lift out easily from the case.
    11. The two RAM slots are on the back of the mother board and can be replaced easily by relieving the clips on either side of the RAM stick as you would with any laptop.
    Re-Assembly is basically the reverse of the disassembly
    When replacing the ribbon cables make sure that the cable is inserted fully into the connector and that the retention method (flap or tabs) is fully engaged. A gentle tug on the cable can ensure that it is attatched properly.

Hope this helps