V3-111p Network Adapter Issue

Options
garwood1
garwood1 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hi Folks

Can't believe I am already seeking help for this laptop - it is less than 18 hrs old !

Bought this V3-111p new yesterday. Brought it home, fired it up, all was fine yesterday. It connected to my wireless network with no issues, and surfed the web with ease.

Same unit, fired up today, worked fine earlier today. Powered off. Powered on later in the afternoon, and surfed for around 10 minutes, then lost the internet connection.

I have tried since then to reconnect to the wireless network here in the house, but it says "cannot connect to this network". I know the wireless is working, as my work PC is now connected to it, and has been all day, without interruption.

I have tried disabling and enabling the wireless adapter, no difference.

I have tried cycling power on the wireless router - no difference.

I verified the driver for the wireless adapter is the latest version (matches that offered on the ACER website.)

Broadcom driver = 6.30.223.221

Laptop is running Windows 8.1, 64 bit.

I have tried altering the power management settings as suggested elsewhere on this forum - made no difference.

I also checked in task manager, and verified wlansvc was running (also as suggested on this forum.)

At this stage, I have run out of ideas.  Any suggestions ? Otherwise, it is back to the dealer in the morning.

Thanks

Chris

Answers

• garwood1
    Options

Update...took laptop back to dealer. They reloaded the entire computer software, drivers etc. Computer would happily connect to their router, but when I got it home...same issue. Perhaps there is a compatibility issue between 802.11n and the protocol used in my BT Router (vintage 2007) ? But if that is the case, why did it work OK for day 1 and 1/2 of day 2, then suddenly stop connecting to the router ?

• garwood1
    Options

SOLVED.

I replaced our 2006-vintage BT Home Hub with a Home Hub 4. No further issues, laptop works fine now. I can only assume the issue was trying to communicate with an earlier version of 802.11, which this laptop simply won't do.