Using print screen key

Options
tuckersmom
tuckersmom Member Posts: 3 New User

I have a aspire one D255E notebook.  How do I use the print screen key?  I have tried and it does nothing.

Best Answer

• ElizabethS
    ElizabethS Member Posts: 845 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello tuckersmom

The PrtScn key is what you use to make screen shots from your computer.  For example, if there is page that is not loading correctly, and you wanted to email the image to someone, you would press the print screen key, then open a graphics program such as Paint or Paint Shop Pro, and right click with your mouse to 'paste" the image in. You can also choose to paste from the drop down menu of your graphic program.

Save that to your computer, and you can attach it to an email.

Answers

• ElizabethS
    ElizabethS Member Posts: 845 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hello tuckersmom

The PrtScn key is what you use to make screen shots from your computer.  For example, if there is page that is not loading correctly, and you wanted to email the image to someone, you would press the print screen key, then open a graphics program such as Paint or Paint Shop Pro, and right click with your mouse to 'paste" the image in. You can also choose to paste from the drop down menu of your graphic program.

Save that to your computer, and you can attach it to an email.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,480 Trailblazer
    Options

The print-screen key merely copies an image of your screen, called a screenshot, into your computer's temporary memory. So it probably should be called a copy-screen key since it really doesn't send the image to your printer. Once the image is copied into memory, you can paste it into imaging programs such as MSPaint and send it to your printer or save it for future use.

Jack E/NJ  

Jack E/NJ

• tuckersmom
    tuckersmom Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Thank you so much for your reply ~ I appreciate it.

• FredGreen
    FredGreen Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Have you tried to activate screenshot function by pressing "Fn" and "PrtScn"? If it's still not working, then you can consider using simple yet functional screenshot tools such as Free Screenshot Capture, Skitch, Jing and others to solve the Print Screen not working problem.