Upgrading Intel Wireless-AC7260 WLAN Card into Acer Aspire V3-471G problems

dennyquek95
dennyquek95 Member Posts: 3 New User
When I put the brand new Intel Wireless-AC7260 WLAN Card into Acer Aspire V3-471G, it got problems. It unable to go BIOS, keyboard hang (Unable to type), it crash the Windows 7 and 8.1. Is it possible to upgrade to Intel Wireless AC-7260 WLAN Card into the Acer Aspire V3-471G. My Acer Aspire V3-471G Configurations, Intel Core i5 3230M 2.60Ghz, 8GB RAM, 2GB NVIDIA GeForce 710M, Windows 8 (Downgraded To Windows 7). Please help, thanks!

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

I wouldn't think just installing a new Wifi card would create all those problems.Did you download and install a driver from somewhere that might have infected your laptop with malware? Have you removed the new card to see if the problems go away? 

• dennyquek95
    I didn't download any malware software or drivers. Once I removed the Intel Wireless-AC7260 WLAN Card to the default Atheros WLAN Card, it have no problems.
  • philetus

I wonder if that wifi card is defective and possibly shorting out somewhere. I've never heard of a card causing that much mischief.

• dennyquek95
    I tried the same Intel Wireless-AC7260 WLAN Card to my friend's Acer Aspire V5-122P but no problems. It can boot and Windows Update can detect the Intel WLAN Card and provides the drivers for it.
  • philetus

I have a wireless-N 7260 I bought for my wife's V5-551 that I couldn't find a driver for that would work correctly. Eventually I'll probably try it in my V3-551.

• rilly
    rilly Member Posts: 2 New User

Intel Wireless-AC7260 card is compatible with Forth Gen Intel Processors (Processor Model # Starting from 4XXX). Perhaps Intel Wireless 62xx or 63xxx card would be compatible. But it is good clarify if this is a fact before buying it.