Upgrade To Windows 8.1 and keep Acer eRecovery Management

Options
Heatwave1972
Heatwave1972 Member Posts: 7 New User

I Have Acer 5253 And I Have Found Out That I Can Upgrade To Windows 8.1 or Windows 8.1 Pro. The Question Is Will I Be Able To Keep The Acer eRecovery Management? I Hope Someone Can Help Me About This????

[subject line edited to reflect new topic]

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    Yes it will work but it will re-install windows 8 not 8.1, since it's the defaul OS.

By the way, i suggest you to create the recovery media using the Acer erecovery, just to have a backup if something goes wrong.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Nancybabe87
    Nancybabe87 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I recieved this error after the update:

Google translate Dutch -> English

This product does not work. (Error code: 0xC004C003)

Meaning and solution when recently in Windows 8 Adding function have used to obtain a version of Windows with more components this error may be displayed if you have instantly upgraded to Windows 8.1 in the Windows Store. Contact a Microsoft Employee of the customer support to resolve this issue.

This error may also appear if you use an invalid product key. You must buy a new product key, or contact the manufacturer of the PC for the original code if you bought a PC with Windows pre-installed.

• Nancybabe87
    Nancybabe87 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Everything on my system is factory default. But after upgrading to Windows 8.1 the above error is popping up and tells me Windows is illegal.

I have a:

Acer Aspire

E1-571-32324G50Mnks

MFG Date 2012/08/22

For Acer OEM systems there is no windows key required?

http://community.acer.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Using-Windows-product-key/ta-p/77501

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options
    No windows key needed on OEM installation.
    If your notebook is still in warranty i suggest you to contact the Acer support service.

If out of warranty, i would backup my personal data and try a factory reset pressing ALT+F10 at boot, this will reset to windows 8, then check for windows validation and try to update to 8.1 again.
    I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Heatwave1972
    Options

Well, I'm Doing Something Better Since I'm A Developer, I'm Running Windows 10 preview On Acer 5335 Laptop And It Great Now To Build 10074. And I Totally Enjoy it Because It's Smooth And Working Really Good. And It's The Professional Version And I Totally Love It.

• Heatwave1972
    Options

On Acer 5253 I Like To Know Will I Delete The Backup By Putting Windows 10 Preview In It Or Not? I Hope It Wont But I Need Help About This Before Anything Since It Has Also The OOBE Software Ultity.

• Heatwave1972
    Options

I'm On Windows 10 Professional Version Insider Preview 14352.rs1_release. 160522-1930 And I Put In The Name Acer by Acer 5253 And Still Have The OEM In it. I'm Letting You Know This Because This is The Updated Version So You Will Know That.