Updating to Windows 10--do we do it here or directly via Microsoft?

Options
pintree3
pintree3 Member Posts: 11 New User

As many of you know come July 17 Microsoft is giving for free updates to Windows 10. I was wondering if this will be done here oir dirctly from Microsoft only. And if you know anything about how the proicess will be? The diea of not including acer bloatware and having a clean install of Windows does please me.

thanks

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

Microsoft has officially announced that Windows 10 will be available on July 29 and customers can now reserve a free copy of Windows 10

Get Windows 10 is an app that’s designed to make the upgrade process easy. It checks to make sure your device is compatible, and it reserves your free upgrade; it also has information to help you learn about the features in Windows 10.

For devices running Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update with Windows Update enabled, the app shows up automatically as a Windows icon in your system tray at the bottom right-hand side of your screen.

Windows 7 and 8.1 customers can now reserve their free upgrade by clicking on the Get Windows 10 App located on their system tray and can learn more by visiting www.windows.com/windows10upgrade

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• pintree3
    Options

Thank you. Would I be correct in assuming that the bloatware that comes with my Acer and is presently there will not remain once upgraded? All Acer apps gone. And if so, I don't care for most of them but there are a few which I would like to keep so how would I get those back?

• pintree3
    Options

My apologies 1st for my type-os above.'

A direct reply to my question is that, Yes, it is done via the Microsoft website only, and as kindly said by Saranji above, it will be done automaticall with a little app that goes on your taskbar once having gone through the process.

With further research from the 'Windows 7 Forums' I have found out that all which is presently on your computer will remain--including what I have called. 'bloatware'. Hower, once the update has been done, then and only then, can one reinstall a fresh (clean install) and remove unwated stuff.