Unable to identify Graphics Driver for Aspire 5755

NaveenC
NaveenC Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello,

I formatted my laptop and reinstalled Windows 7. I installed all the necessary Drivers. When I open any game (for example, Spider Solitaire) I get a popup stating graphics accelerator is not enabled or the device driver is not updated. To resolve this I updated my Display Driver. After this windows does not shut down completely. Also, when browsing(both Chrome and IE 11), the page crashes. When I uninstall the driver update, windows shuts down fine and I dont see any page crashes in browser, but I am unable to play games and unable to watch videos (they dont play at all, sometimes I see a lag).

I have tried updating the driver automatically under Deice Manager, through Windows Update, through Intel Driver update utility and also by downloading and installing. On all cases, I see the same error. Please let me know the correct driver for me.

Thanks,

Naveen.

Answers

• Mary-Acer
    Mary-Acer Acer Crew Posts: 868 Acer Crew

If you are not running the Acer OEM version of Windows that shipped from factory you might check the Acer download site for a driver. If you have tried this already we would recommend installing the Acer OEM version of Windows. If you did not create a back up, please contact your Acer support location for your country to see if they can offer recovery media for your model.