Unable to boot up

Options
EstebanO
EstebanO Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello, This is the first time I haven't been able to solve a problem with my laptop.

I currently own an Acer 7551G-7606 with Windows 7.

The other day I was using my laptop and instead of shutting it down, I closed the lid (it wasn't performing any operations, just had a couple open windows). 

About 10-15 minutes later, I open it back up and the screen is black. So I end up holding the power button for about 5-10 seconds till it turns off. I wait a minute or so and try rebooting it, I hear the fan kick on and then a couple seconds later, it stops. I'm left with a black screen and the power button illuminated. 

I'm not sure what to do at this point, but when I re-opened my laptop, I did notice it was kinda hot. (not sure why it didn't go on standby), but I'm afraid it might have something to do with over heating. 

Am I completely screwed? or do I have any options?

Answers

• EstebanO
    EstebanO Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thank you for the reply.

I did find that yesterday and did try that and still doesn't work. I've even stripped it down all the way to the processor and I can't find any physical evidence that there's anything wrong.

I put it all back together and it's still doing the exact same thing as before I tore it down.

Fan turns on for a bout 3-5 seconds, then it stops, but in the meantime I never see it try to boot up. No bios screen or anything.. just blackness Smiley Sad

I've experienced something like this when I was building a PC and the fan would kick on and turn off after 3 seconds, but that was because the motherboard was grounded due to the screws I was using. I couldn't find anything wrong with this though and I'm wondering if the fan is no longer good, would it prevent the CPU from even starting?

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

check your personal messages.

I'm not an Acer employee.