Unable to activate wifi on Aspire 4752

Options
dbtech
dbtech Member Posts: 2 New User

I Have an old aspire 4752 who still work really well. I've change the hdd for an ssd and now use it on windows 10. Some time ago my wifi card start to have problem so I change it for an Intel AC-7260. The card work really great but I have a big issue. I'm unable to reactivate it when it's been desactivate (by the F3 button or the windows option or by an driver update). The only way I've figure a way out is to put the old card in the laptop, activate the wifi and reinstall the new card back in. 

I've search the forum and found same problem on other laptop but with a bios fix from acer, but there is not one for my laptop.

Does someone have an answer for my problem?

Thanks

David

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

Did you uninstall the old drivers in Programs and Features? Do you have two wifi softwares in Programs and features?

Goto network and sharing, click Change adapter settings,Right click on your wifi network and see if it is enabled.

Do you have Launch Manager installed?

• dbtech
    dbtech Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Yes, I even try to format once.

I've install the Launch Manager. Now I'm unable to disable the wifi. I'll see on the next driver update if it still on and I'll let you know.