USB Factory Default Recovery corrupted?

Options
tytlyf
tytlyf Member Posts: 43 New User

Just got a new laptop, created the USB Flash factory recovery, tried to do a clean install and cannot boot.

Is there a way to test the USB recovery drive to make sure the files are not corrupt?  I cannot boot into windows or re-install the OS.  Everytime I boot to the USB the Reset PC option fails at around 69%.  Although the partitions are properly created.

Any commands I can run from the command prompt to make sure the USB Recovery isn't corrupted?

Answers

• tytlyf
    Options

As mentioned, when I try to Reset PC, it fails around 70%.  I cannot Refresh PC.  The drive isn't restoreable.  

When I boot to the USB, I also notice that the Windows 8.1 OS isn't displayed in the proper field.  It's just a blank box.  Any input on how to test the integrity of the USB recovery?

(used to show windows 8.1)

20150423_133806.jpg

(Used to show Windows 8.1)

20150423_133121.jpg

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

This seems to be an issue with the image on the USB recovery media.

You may try restore using the below mentioned steps restarting  the computer and  when the Acer logo appears on the screen (As soon as computer powers on), press and hold the the left Alt key  and tap the F10 key > Select Keyboard Layout > select Troubleshoot in Advance Options to choose Reset.

If it fails and you have a unit from US or Canada, you may also live chat with an Acer technician at : Acer live chat

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

• tytlyf
    Options

Thanks, but I'm having a problem with my computer and both refresh/reset fail at around 70%.  Startup repair doesn't work either.