UNIVERSAL SERIAL BUS CONTROLLERS-ALL 3 HAVE EXCLAIMATION MARKS: R-7 571 WIN 8.1

Options
ironhorse99
ironhorse99 Member Posts: 8 New User

This all started the other day when i installed my netzero install cd. I got a message a driver not digially signed & was not installed. sometime later I got a message saying an update driver was installed for the netzero program. I tried repeatedly to login to gain web access only to have it loop & ask again. I decided to uninstall. I notced a short while later my usb ports were not working & neither was my touchscreen.In device manager I saw these drivers list in the usb controllor section had the exclamation within yellow trianges. I went looking for these drivers but haven't had any success. I'd like to find a solution if one exists other than the obvious. Anyone having some insite to this......i'd like to hear from you. Thanks   

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

try Right click on the driver, uninstall, reboot.

• ironhorse99
    Options

That was one of the 1st things I tried which didn't work but I can give it another go....got nothing to loose.

• ironhorse99
    Options

Well....I didn't want to go this route but I got things back to normal by cloning the SSD with a virgin copy I made right after setting things up the way I like which I did on the 26th of the month so not much was lost if anything.