Touchpad settings Scroll

Vegard2711
Vegard2711 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Bought a new Acer today, Aspire E5-571-503Y. I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to change the touchpad settings. I've been used to using 1 finger to scroll on the right side of the touchpad, but on this Acer i have to use two fingers to scroll. I've tried to find out how to change it but i can't seem to find out how to do it. Anybody know how to do it? If it is possible that is, which I assume it is.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder

Go to Control panel/Mouse and your touchpad settings will be there.If it doesn't have Touchpad in the Hardware tab you don't have the Touchpad driver installed.

• Vegard2711

Couldnt find it, so i guess it isnt installed. I've tried to install a touchpad driver from Acer but it dosent seem to do anything. Maybe i've downloaded the wrong one. Anybody know which one my computer needs?

When i check the downloadable drivers on acer.com my computer is not on the list when you choose what computer you got. It only says E5-571, E5-571P, E5-571G and E5-571PG. My computer is E5-571-503Y, does that mean i have to choose the regular E5-571? I've already tried that, but maybe i did something wrong..

• philetus

This would be it.

TouchPad

SynapticsTouchpad Driver17.0.6.21203.7 MB2014/10/24Download
  • senthilkumar
    senthilkumar Member Posts: 4 New User

acer tTouchpad settings Scroll.jpg

acer toch pad setting

other any problem vist.....www.acer.com

[edited to comply with guidelines]

• Vegard2711

I've downloaded it, like iv'e done with other touchpad software but after thats done and i've installed it nothing happens. I think it was the wrong one, i've got Windows 8.1, that downloaded file says W7. But ive tried to download others with W8.1 but it still hasnt worked. Do i have to remove the old driver before i get the new one? Or is it something else that im not doing right... Very annoying i have to say, it feels like im doing the correct thing but somehow it dosent work. Maybe it just dosent work on this computer...

• philetus

Have you tried both drivers for the two different vendors? Yes, it sometimes helps to uninstall the old drivers from Device Manager and Programs and Features.

• Vegard2711

I removed the one that was already there, and then downloaded it but it didn't help.. I've tried everything now it seems, maybe its not possible on this computer. Kind of given up now, i've only used the touchpad for the last few year but now i'm using a logitech mouse instead.

• machociprian
    machociprian Member Posts: 30 New User

I have the same problem:

I recently purchased an Acer E5-571G and see that is not running function scroll.I installed all the drivers for touchpad possible, but  in Device Manager appear: PS / 2 Compatible Mouse- Microsoft Manufactured instead of Elantech or Synaptics.Any idea what to do? I mention that notebook runs Windows 7 64 bit.Thanks!

• bigbear639
    bigbear639 Member Posts: 33 New User

Up and down Arrow on the KB, also in Ease of use settings, which has settings for physivally challenged to change many settings. 

• sacecilia
    sacecilia Member Posts: 3 New User

I experience the same problem.

I have a new Aspire ES1-512 and the touchpad scrolls so slow and I can seem to change the settings anywhere. 

My post: http://community.acer.com/t5/Notebooks-Netbooks/How-do-I-make-my-touchpad-scroll-faster/m-p/336286#M55909

• archie
    archie Member Posts: 1 New User
    Could not find answer to how to scroll with one finger have all touchpad settings  I click off the two finger setting cant scroll at all.