Touchpad problems and lost Erecovery program (Acer Aspire ES1-512-C2NS)

fn
fn Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

Touchpad and Erecovery do not work. The problem has occurred after installing new drivers. (Problem with 3 pc). I now have factory settings and drivers on a USB pen, but ALT + F10 does not work. I no longer have Erecovery on PC. PC disc with factory settings is deleted. Where can I download Erecovery? I thought that usb pen with factory settings was a boot disk? I have also make an installation of touchpad driver, but the problem is still there.HELP  

[edited for privacy-please do not post personal or unique information such as but not limited to full names, email addresses, phone numbers, full serial numbers, etc.]

Best Answer

• fn
    Answer ✓

I have found a solution. On another acer Aspire I've downloaded both Erecovery and old drivers. After installing drivers, the topuchpad worked again

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

Go to store.acer.com. Choose the US or Canada. Then click on the eRecovery near the top of the screen. If you're SNID is recognised (which is may not be due to the country in which it was purchased), you can order (not download) the eRecovery media as DVD or USB stick. You might also want to check Control Panel Disk Management to see if the hidden recovery partition is still intact or has been corrupted or deleted for some reason. Then you might want to re-try the Alt+F10 method ***exactly*** as shown in this video just to make sure. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvFRTfFGCgY   Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• fn
    Answer ✓

I have found a solution. On another acer Aspire I've downloaded both Erecovery and old drivers. After installing drivers, the topuchpad worked again

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

Good for you! Now be sure to make recovery USB media so if it happens again you won't have to rely on the availability another machine. Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ