Touchpad Settings - Aspire R3-471T

Options
Wolfe32
Wolfe32 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi All.  I bought an Acer computer a few days ago.  I am five minutes from sending it back.  I have barely even used it as the touchpad is driving me crazy.  It is the "tap to click" feature.  I am constantly accidentally clicking on things, opening and closing items, and on and on and on.  I guess it is how I naturally use the touchpad, but I can't use this computer if I can't get that function turned off.

I have gone to the settings, and under the mouse properties I have very few options.  There is nothing regarding sensitivity or any option to turn the click option off.  I have googled, I also registered my computer and download the Synaptics driver and I can't get that program to give me any help either.  On my old computer I was able to download the synaptics driver and when I went to the mouse properties a synaptics menu popped up which gave me all kinds of options.  That is not happening with this computer even after downloading the synaptics driver.  

Any advice would be much appreciated.  I just can't use the computer this way because the mouse is constantly doing behaviors and opening and clicking things that I don't intend to and it is slowing me down big time.  The purpose of buying a new computer was to speed things up.

Best Answer

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

If your computer is shipped with windows 8.1, it would have precision touchpad. You need to Open PC settings ( press and hold windows key and tap I key) , and click/tap on PC and devices on the left side.  Click/tap on Mouse and touchpad on the left side,  On the right side under Touch keyboard, move the slider to the right to turn on Touchpad. You will find all settings to configure your touchpad.

You may use the recommended touchpad  driver shipped with your computer   Synaptics touchpad driver

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Answer ✓
    Options

If your computer is shipped with windows 8.1, it would have precision touchpad. You need to Open PC settings ( press and hold windows key and tap I key) , and click/tap on PC and devices on the left side.  Click/tap on Mouse and touchpad on the left side,  On the right side under Touch keyboard, move the slider to the right to turn on Touchpad. You will find all settings to configure your touchpad.

You may use the recommended touchpad  driver shipped with your computer   Synaptics touchpad driver

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled.