Thin Red Line..

Options
Alanon48
Alanon48 Member Posts: 5 New User

I use that subject with apologies to Glass Tiger (hmm most Canadians would know the group I think.. hehhe)...

Actually what happened sometime ago was that I had two red lines appear on the lcd they were very close to each other; however, as of this writing I have noticed that there is only one thn line now and of course because it is on the lcd I am unable to provide a jpg image of it...

Please note that I am not a technowizard or whatever the current term is...

All I want to know is whether this is a sign that the lcd is soon to fail or is it a sign of self correction.. or what???

Here is the Philippines they tend to have two prices.. One for filipinos and the other for foreigners. This laptop is now about 6 years old. So is it worth repairing or can a simple at home fix be done?

I have attached the system info for this particular laptop and hope it will prove useful...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

system info.jpg

Answers

• bigbear639
    bigbear639 Member Posts: 33 New User
    Options

My friend had the same problem with lines, it turbned out to be a problem with then video card, if it is integrated into the motherboard it is very likely not fixable. Are there any repair shops in the area who can check it out. zindependent shops aare your best bet and many do not charge. Stay away from places like BestBuy.  He bought a new laptop.

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

2 thin red lines can be VGA problem as stated but in my opinion is more on LCD side.

not worth to repair unless you find a very cheap replacement, under 100USD.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Alanon48
    Alanon48 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

I am seriously planning to buy a replacement come April or May depending on when Revenue Canada gets around to refunding the taxes they took from me.. hehhe

Thanks so much for the reply...

• laurent_14
    laurent_14 ACE Posts: 10,067 Trailblazer
    Options

Hello Alanon48,

Have you tried to connect your laptop to an external monitor or a LCD TV in using the VGA or HDMI port?

[Fn]+[F5] - Display toggle: Switches display output between the display screen, external monitor (if connected) and both.

You have an Intel Graphics HD 3000 (processor - no VGA board).

France