Thermal Pads set used for Acer Aspire 5920G

ori
ori Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello everyone!

I need to know what is the thickness of the thermal pads set on my Acer Aspire 5920G, because is very old and laptop is very, very hot.

Thanks.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer

How do you know it's very hot? Do you have a temperature monitor? Does it automatically shut itself off? Thermal pastes are often used.

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ

• ori

Thanks for respons.

Thermal paste are 7 years old. I monitor temperature with HWmonitor, and Intel CPU is 75 degree C ang GPU ATI at 85 degreeC. Last time is shutting down itself several time.

• JackE

Have you tried to clean the dust buildup inside or at least vacuumed the air intake port?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• ori

Yes. i clean the dust and thermal paste is dry and thermal pads like paper, frigile.

• JackE

OK. Please start following this other recent thread on the same overheating issue with a similar Acer model. Start reading near the bottom of page 2 on running task manager to try to identify the program, application or processes which seem to be overworking the CPU, causing to overheat and automatically shut down. I think we should also do this for your system and all three of us try to fix both systems at the same time.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Acer-5742-6602-CPU-Overheating-and-shut-down/m-p/411583#U411583

Jack E/NJ 

Jack E/NJ