The headphone jack for my Aspire 7741Z does not work.

Options
Scourge2
Scourge2 Member Posts: 6 New User

All of my headphones work on my other devices, so I know that the problem is not with the headphones themselves.  The problem is that when I use my headphones with my laptop, everyone esle around me can hear what I'm listening to.  What do I need to do?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Connect the headphones, then right click on the speaker near the date & clock, select playback devices.

are headphones listed?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Scourge2
    Options

They aren't listed.  :-(

• IronFly
    Options

if you go to Control Panel, there is any Realtek icon?

if so, can you double click it?

probably there is a settings that handle the automatic headphone recognise and it's  turned off.

please check also on playback device right clicking on the blank space and select to show Disable and Disconnected devices (with headphones connected)

if this doesn't solve your issue, i suggest you to update your drivers (100% trusted website):

http://www.station-drivers.com/index.php/outils/func-startdown/1100/

• Scourge2
    Options

I followed the instructions you gave and updated the drivers, also (twice) and the laptop still won't recognize the headphones.

I'm at a loss.

• IronFly
    Options

just to understand better: do your hear sounds on the headphones when connected?

• Scourge2
    Options

I hear the sounds through the headphones, but someone sitting next to me can hear it also ... as if I'm not even using the headphones.  Recently, I was watching "Full Metal Jacket" in my local library on my laptop and everyone in the library heard it.  It was embarrassing, to say the least.

• IronFly
    Options

Go into your realtek audio manager. If there isn't an icon in the bottom right, go to control panel, hardware and sound, realtek hd audio manager. In the top right there is a "device advanced settings" where you can select to make your outputs as 2 different streams.