Sudden laptop turn off problem

Options
udayaji
udayaji Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi i have my acer 5745 laptop purchased in the year of 2010 and recenly my laptop got suddenly turn off with no warning. I have also found that there is excessive heat in the ventilation. I have given to acer service center and got ok. Again i have the same problem. But in this case my laptop sometimes works for about 6 and 7 hours with no problem. But sometimes it got turrn off with no warning and also having excessive heat. My question is why the laptop works 6 to 7 hours continuously along with running matlab program, various softwres and running movies at a  time but why it does not turn off in that time. But sometimes by simply browing it got turn off. I would like to  fix this problem immediatly. please guys help me out ????

hard disk: 320 gb, RAM = 3gb, i3 processor, windows 7 OS

Thanks and regards

udayakumar k

Answers

• Shinichy_Kudo
    Shinichy_Kudo Member Posts: 355 Skilled Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

Hello friend.

In this case when a shutdown without warning and is on constantly heated, it is because the fan is dirty or is not functioning at the appropriate speed to dissipate heat, or may not be working.

Try cleaning the fan and keep your laptop in a cool environment, for time alone Use it plugged in without battery, to see if that way is also turned off.

You know as an energy drain done?

To do this you must disconnect the battery charger and press 6 times the button on / off.

After you do a battery calibration, stop discharging the battery to 3% and when discharged, turn off the laptop, you connect the battery, charger and place it to charge for 4 hours, and will complete its 100% load properly.

After that, use your laptop as normal and checks off.

I hope you find it useful the information and help you solve the problem.

I you comment if you worked.

Greetings! Smiley Very Happy ^^

• momonga
    momonga Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

in my experiance, it was because your gel (pasta) between cpu and fan sink or vga and fan sink become dry-out.

you can try after clean the fan, cleaning the gel and place new one.