Stuck In Reset!

Options
CassandraTat
CassandraTat Member Posts: 3 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives
My laptop recently tried to update to windows 8.1, failed to update, and did some serious damage. Soon after that, my laptop started freezing, crashing, getting stuck in recovery loops. I just got it, and I didn't really have many files on it that I was worries about losing, so I decided to reformat it (they apparently now call it "resetting"). It took hours to get where it is, and I checked it when I went to bed and it was at 81%. When I got up this morning (about 7 hours later) its still at 81%. Smiley Sad I dont want to hit the power off because I dont know what state my laptop will be left in.

Running Win 8, x64
Model E1-731-4675

What should I do?

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Hi,

instead of using windows reset, i suggest you to use Acer eRecovery.

at boot press ALT+F10, this will reinstall the OS.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • CassandraTat
    Options
    If I ever get out of the "resetting your pc (81%)" screen, ill try that.
  • IronFly
    Options

Try to do a long press on power button.

• jonyolea
    jonyolea Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options
    I have the same issue! :/
  • CassandraTat
    Options
    So i ended up pressing the power off. After some finagling I managed to get it back into reset and it reformatted. Now, it worked great for a short period (less than an hour) and went back to freezing. Now I get stuck at the acer screen. I tried hitting the alt f10, that does nothing. I also watched the video above and it does nothing as well. Im ready to throw this acer out the window and never touch one again. Never in my life have i had so many issues with a laptop.
  • IronFly
    Options

Probably a bad ram stick or faulty HDD.