Sound problems with V3-731-B9604G32Makk (Windows 8.1)

Options
halkirk
halkirk Member Posts: 2 New User

I have an ACER Aspire V3-731 running Windows 8.1 and have 4 gig of ram.

I keep having my sound just drop off if I leave my computer unattended or if I just don't have anything running that requires sound. Most of the time if I open up click on the "Speakers" icon in the tray at bottom right it will show that it's active and will even show the green bars moving a littel bit. Oftentimes I can kickstart it by moving the sound slider bar up and down and other times it will go into a mode similar to "not responding" and sometimes it'll kick in and other times it won't. Most of the time, I will just restart the computer and can get it working again or will if it's working I'll just start an audio file and put it on a continuous loop and it'll continue playing. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling both the hardware and the software with older drivers and updating drivers from Acer, etc. and cannot seem to nail it down to where it will just work like it's suppose to.

Have visited Device Manager to see if maybe there was a setting that would turn the power off to it when not in use and didn't see any option to enable or disable that type of feature.

I've also took note of recommendations posted elsewhere about certain Windows updates that supposedly may have influenced the behavior and did not have the update referenced in my list of Windows updates.

Any help would be appreciated.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

check this:

right click the speaker icon

choose playback devices

once in the speaker window

click on communications

click on do nothing

apply

ok

check if your issue is solved

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • halkirk
    halkirk Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

The Do Nothing option was already checked.