Screen blank after configuring boot options in bios

Options
canogajeff
canogajeff Member Posts: 3 New User

I am performing a complete system restore with the recovery cd's from Acer. I went into the bios to change the boot order, saved and after restart the screen is blank. Computer turns on, but no picture. Idk what to do.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

one thing to try is to connect an external monitor or TV and check if any image appear.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • canogajeff
    canogajeff Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

eah, I tried that. I was in the middle of installing Windows 7 and my cd drive wasn't reading the disk. After fiddling with it for a half hour I decided to connect my external usb cd drive. When the computer restarted after cancelling the Windows 7 installation, I went into the bios and designated my cd rom as 1st boot device. I hit F10 and confirmed that I wanted to save and exit from BIOS, and when the computer restarted, I had a blank screen. I don't know if it is a problem with a corrupt BIOS or if it's something else. I connected the machine to an external monitor and it still shows a black screen. I wish there were somebody from Acer with whom I could consult and try to get an idea of what's going on with this thing.

Thanks for your response...