Scaling HDMI screen with Intel HD graphics

Options
daniell9
daniell9 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi everyone,

I have two Acer laptops and on one of them I find cursors in Intel HD graphics to scale and ajust the size of the screen connected with HDMI cable to have proper view of the content.

On the other Acer Aspire E 15 touch those cursors are not there in Intel HD graphics and I cannot see the edges of the sceen.

I have contacted Acer support and they told me it was not their problem and I found no Acer updates for drivers and...

On the Intel site I was told the following:

A customized computer manufacturer driver is installed on your computer. The Intel® Driver Update Utility is not able to update the driver. Installing a generic Intel driver instead of the customized computer manufacturer driver may cause technical issues. Contact your computer manufacturer for the latest driver for your computer.

Is there a solution to this malfonction?

Answers

• JordanB
    JordanB ACE Posts: 3,729 Pathfinder
    Options

So I guess you can uninstall the Acer/Intel custom driver....and install the latest driver.

Or use the "have disk" method to update the driver and you won't have to uninstall your current driver.

I don't have your computer, but I uninstalled the Acer/Intel custom driver......and used the Intel driver update utility. That fixed the HDMI sleep bug that it had.  No problems.

I'm not an Acer employee.