Recovery management doesn't start in Aspire VN7-791

Options
Hooshmand
Hooshmand Member Posts: 3 New User

Hi!

Just bought an Acer Aspire VN7-791 obviously with Windows 8.1 operative system. The very first thing I am doing is the backup. So, I search the Acer Recovery Management and hit the enter. The User Account Control opens asking for permission and I click OK. That's it. It doesn't open at all, nothing happens.

I've searched the forum, found some similar problems without any helpful answers. Could anybody help with the issue?

Thanks in advance,

Hooshmand

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

What happens at boot pressing Alt-F10 to bring up Recovery? If it still won't start and it's brand new, now would be a good time to take it back and get a different one.

• Hooshmand
    Options

No, it didn't help. Is there any other way than going and changing the laptop? I mean reinstalling the Acer Recovery Management should be possible, for example?

• Hooshmand
    Options

How can I reinstall the Recovery program as long as I cannot open and run it?!!

• delphine
    delphine Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Hello, did you ever have an answer? I have the same problem with an Aspire E14.

Many thanks

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

if you want to restore your PC:

at boot press ALT+F10 or after entering your password to login, keep pressing Shift key, this will start Acer/windows recovery.
    From the Recovery screen
    Click on Troubleshoot.
    Click on Reset your PC
    The PC will now reboot and start the installation process

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • delphine
    delphine Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

Thank you, in fact I managed via the action center, where there is a link to recovery. (Action center can be found in the hidden taskbar icons by clicking the small arrow and then the flag).

Thank you for your quick response!