Recovery Process Stuck at 31 of 32

Options
CSURam7
CSURam7 Member Posts: 10 New User

I'm reformatting my HD and it gets stuck on 31 of 32 in the cleanup stage. I had this happen last time I did a reformat but I forgot how I fixed it. I have an Aspire 5742 using Windows 7. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

Press the windows key logo or ALT+TAB and check if any popup need some confirmation or check in task manager if any process is stuck (CTRL+shift+Esc)

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • CSURam7
    Options
    Hello...thank you for responding! There was a pop up that needed confirmation but when the computer restarted, the 31 of 32 screen reappeared.
  • IronFly
    Options

Try this if you are able to access the control panel:

Go to Control Panel, System and Security, Action Center, Troubleshoot Common Computer Problems, System and Security, Fix Problems with Windows Update. Then once there I went to "Advanced" and it said that it would run as Administrator and repair the problem.

check this too:

http://community.acer.com/t5/2013-Archives/Re-Windows-7-Recovery-options/td-p/171797

• CSURam7
    Options
    Hello. That didn't work either. I can get into Safe Mode. I changed some startup programs in msconfig, but that didn't help either.
  • IronFly
    Options

Try to check if another popup need confirmation or open task manager and kill Alaunchx.exe or cleanmgr.exe