Recovery Media for Acer Ferrari 3000LMI Laptop

Options
yolenman
yolenman Member Posts: 4 New User

Hello all,

I'm trying to help a senior citizen who ownes a Ferrari 3000 laptop. Apparently, someone loaded an off-the-shelf version of Windows XP and blew away the original factory image, to include the recovery partition. *****. The gentleman would very much like to restore all the Acer/Ferrari embellishments to the Operating System. He loves the sounds, wallpaper and screen savers. Yes, I know I can cobble all that together and impart them into the OS - but we are striving for a factory image here.

We would be happy to provide proof of ownership/serial number and pay for a copy of the media. Does anyone happen to have a set of "genuine" factory reocvery media for the Acer Ferrari 3000 LMI laptop system?

Please let me know if you do.

Len

Answers

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Hi Len!

You can usually get recovery media from Acer Support, although it can vary from region to region.

If you search for your regional Acer online store, in some cases you can order it from there. Other cases (like in the UK), you need to contact Customer support, who will order the disks for us. Just click on "Get Support" and "Contact Acer".

• yolenman
    Options

Hello -

Well, I did strike up a chat session with an Acer support rep. He advised me that Acer does no longer carries any recovery media for a given system after 3 years have passed. The system I'm dealing with was sold in 2006 ( I know a dinosaur, but again, it's for a senior) - so Acer basically told me to bugger off.

So, I'm still on the hunt. I find it fascinating that Acer discontinues support for recovery media after 3 years - but Lenovo will sell me T60 XP media from the same timeline.... these freaking company's I tell you. Image everything people.

Moreover - clearly the images are archived somewhere on a server, I canot even get me to send them electronically to me - really bummed. Now I have to go kiss someones behind on eBay and beg (and pay a premium for) for recovery media disks....

• finlux
    finlux ACE Posts: 1,834 Pathfinder
    Options

Ah - What a shame!

Perhaps they get deleted from the server after 3 years? I do agree with you though - perhaps 7-10 years would be better!

• yolenman
    Options

Update 3.28.2014

I was finally able to find the factory recovery CD's specific to this system. Of course these won't fix the thrashed recovery partition, but at least I was able to re-image the system with the correct Ferrari infused XP environment elements.

My customer was happy to say the least. I must comment on how dissapointing my experience was with Acer tech support. A very poor experience indeed.

I will a least try to make it easier for those who come after me. If anyone has a Ferrari 3000LMI system and is in need of the recovery media - please message me, I'll be happy to help you out.

• Pascaltoo
    Pascaltoo Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Hello yolenman , 

Could you send me the recovery media ? 

Thanks , 

Pascaltoo

• yolenman
    Options

I have not checked this baord in a while. Those in need, please email me directly at len "at" my network solution "dot" com. Thx

2/22/2017