Re: Acer laptop LEFT side Screen hinge Problem [ New ]

yh21
yh21 Member Posts: 5 New User

Aspire E1-571,

I have acer E1-571 aspire laptop. 1 year back , my laptops left side near the adapter plug in began to crackle everytime the screen was open and closed, slowly on the same side the plasitic became more and more separated, until recently this was not a major issue but as time wore on that small gap has become so wide. So i had repaired it by spending almost 4000rs and by changing bottom cover.

After few days same issue again arrise and hinge where broken.This computer has never been out of the house or abused in any way.

This appears to be a common Acer problem and seems to me Acer needs to step up for people like me and provide a repair. How about it Acer? Is it worth it to stick your customers with this?

please provide any repairs.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer

>>>So i had repaired it by spending almost 4000rs and by changing bottom cover.>>>

Who did the repair and replaced the bottom cover?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• yh21

Acer Customer Care Excutive has replaced. But for that i had to pay 4K rs.

• JackE

Did you return the system immediately after the repair failed?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• yh21

As issue came after 2 month of repair.So I contacted them. They said it was under 1 month warranty

• JackE

You said earlier >>> So i had repaired it by spending almost 4000rs and by changing bottom cover.>>>After few days same issue again arrise and hinge where broken.>>>>>>As issue came after 2 month of repair.

Did you explain that their repair had failed after a few days or 2 months?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• yh21

2 months

• JackE

OK. Then did you perhaps notice that the repair work was starting to partially but not completely fail after only a few days? For example, did it begin "to crackle everytime the screen was open and closed" like before?

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• yh21

yes it was.

• JackE

Then the repair executive should've been told that his repair was starting to fail only a few days later, not 2 months later! You should go back to the repair executive and clarify this misunderstanding.

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ