Random shutdown while on battery power

Options
LeatherMcWhip
LeatherMcWhip Member Posts: 3 New User

Hey ...

I have an Acer Aspire V3-572PG (about 4 months old), and the machine shuts down randomly when on battery power. It's happened when moving it from one place to another, or with subtle shifts on my lap, and sometimes just typing triggers a shutdown. However, it doesn't happen when plugged in. Battery has been fully charged; it's not overheating; it's not the fan; it's not dust; and I've run comprehensive anti-virus scans.

In the past, it's taken anywhere from an hour or two before it shuts down. Last night it happened simply when I unplugged the thing from the wall ... so, no moving/no touching of the computer, but shutdown when removing plug from wall!!???

I've read in two other seemingly related threads about screws on the bottom needing tightening on the bottom (but for different models, with different screws in different places). Can anyone confirm that this is the case? I'm travelling right now and don't have access to screwdrivers; but if someone can confirm the problem I'll go out and buy something!

Help would be appreciated! I'm kind of at sea on this one.

Answers

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

You may perform a reset using the battery pinhole at the bottom of your computer. Power OFF your computer and disconnect the AC adapter. Insert a paperclip into the hole and press for four seconds to reset the computer. The battery reset pin hole would have battery symbol near the hole. Reconnect the AC adapter, and resume normal use.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled

• LeatherMcWhip
    LeatherMcWhip Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Thanks, Sharanji ... is this a suggested fix for this problem generally? I ask because I have no trouble with the battery charging, and the battery levels seem to have no impact on the shutdowns; the battery is usually very full (I'm not sure of levels every time, but one time it was at least 85% or higher.

• Sharanji
    Sharanji ACE Posts: 4,327 Pathfinder
    Options

This is normal troubleshooting power reset step for laptop's. This does not affect any data stored in your computer. 

This discharges any electrical build up which may prevent your notebook for  powering on or shutdown issues.

Since this model has a inbuilt battery you may use the battery reset pinhole to reset it. This is same as removing and inserting the battery.

Click the Kudos kudos-thumbs-up.pngto say “Thanks” for helping! select "Accept Solution" if your issue is resovled