Random BSOD's on fresh Win install

Options
par4e
par4e Member Posts: 7 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

Hello,

I bought my Acer Aspire E1-570G in february , and since then im having random blue screens with different codes . Im trying everything to fix this problem almost everyday, and believe me soon i will break it on 2 pieces . Nothing is fixing the problem ... i have bsod files that i can post for u to see them but i dont think they really matter because i get RANDOM bsods. Everytime is different ( there are around 10 different codes given that i remember ). If its really needed i can post the codes but i think im not the only one having this problem so if someone had seen this before please reply your fix or idk. I have sent the laptop to the main service in my country and they said that the laptop " passed the tests" . After coming home and turning my pc on .. BSOD . The laptop went to the service again - This time they changed my HDD . It didnt fix the problem . I cant change my laptop with the warranty because the service says that the laptop is okay . So after that i started reading around forums about people with the same problem and after everything i tried there is no fix for me . Im hopeless now 

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

those BSOD happened with AC charger or battery only?

they were random also on software running?

any USB device connected?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • par4e
    Options

Both with or without charger/battery and it can show up while just browsing or right on the startup .. usb - mouse (but i had bsod even without her ) 

• IronFly
    Options

Can you check event viewer for the last errors?

windows key logo + x

Even viewer

click on Windows logs

System

Check for red marked errors and click it over, read descriptions.

Try to see any mark of common descriptions from errors.

• par4e
    Options

everything marked as Critical is - Kernel - power .

Almost everything marked as Error is in theese codes:

0xc2 ; 0x0a ; 0xd1; 0x24 ; 0x50 ; 0x3b ; 0x1e ; 0x7e; (theese i think are the codes from the bsod's with many 0's after "x") 

there are error codes as theese :

1.The Network Connections service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 100 milliseconds: Restart the service.

2.The Offline Files service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 120000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

3.The Superfetch service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

4.The Program Compatibility Assistant Service service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

5.The Windows Audio Endpoint Builder service terminated unexpectedly.  It has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be taken in 60000 milliseconds: Restart the service.

there are "warning codes " like :

1.The speed of processor 3 in group 0 is being limited by system firmware. The processor has been in this reduced performance state for 2 seconds since the last report.

2.NtpClient was unable to set a manual peer to use as a time source because of DNS resolution error on ''. NtpClient will try again in 3473457 minutes and double the reattempt interval thereafter. The error was: The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found. (0x80072AFC)

i hope you can get something from that 

• IronFly
    Options

You can give a try to reinstall OS from recovery, press ALT+F10 at boot, then without installing third party software, check if you still have those BSOD and kernel+power errors.

if you still have BSOD, it's an hardware issue and i suspect something wrong on motherboard, so please contact the Acer support service again.

• par4e
    Options

Wanted to ask one more thing before going to the service .

Could my problem coming from Linux ? When i bought the laptop it was with linux . I DIDNT STARTED THE LAPTOP at linux, dont ask me why ... when i got back home i put the win cd and installed windows with a bsod at the middle of the instalation , however the instalation finished but since then i have those bsod problems . Once i heard that there might be files(files , settings or i dont know , something like that ) that remain from linux and causing bsod's

• IronFly
    Options

For sure a BSOD in the middle of an installation is not good, and a complete HDD wipe probably would save you from issues like this.

• par4e
    Options

The problem is they have changed my HDD already. And the problem still exists 

• IronFly
    Options
    I don't think that a linux laptop can have problems on installing windows OS.

I don't have any direct experience on this but i already read some users that did it without issues.

Try to sent it again to Acer service.