RE: Hope to enable Virtualization Technology for Aspire 5583 T5500

huilee
huilee Member Posts: 2 New User
edited March 2023 in 2017 Archives

screen2.jpg

I understand my laptop has been used for ten years above. By the way, I hope to enable the hardware virtualization on my laptop. There is no BIOS option for enable the virtualization technology for this laptop even though I have upgraded the BIOS version from v1.3502 to v1.3508. I have worked on this solution for few days and found that this problem is pointed out many years ago. I hope this problem has already solved. Can somebody help me? Thanks thanks many thanks. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer

>>> I hope to enable the hardware virtualization on my laptop.>>>

If this could be enabled, what do you want to do that requires this mode? Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• huilee
    huilee Member Posts: 2 New User

I have a silly wish and understand the reason you asked.

I am new for Android Studio. At first place, I want to install Android Studio. After checked the installer requirements, just satisfied and try to install. During the installation, the system require to install HAXM. And the system cannot install HAXM because this computer does not support VT.

screen3.jpg

screen4.jpg

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,467 Trailblazer

There are reports that Android Studio 2.1 will run on a VMWare virtual machine without HAXM capabilities. You can find the claimed steps for doing so in this link ---

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/36729150/is-it-possible-to-run-android-device-emulator-via-android-studio-2-on-vmware

I'm a VMWare fan as I have a rather underpowered 6 year-old ACER netbook with 4 guest operating systems (Win95, Win98SE, WinXP, SuSE Linux) that can all run at the same time and networked with themselves as well as the host operating system. 

Jack E/NJ

Jack E/NJ

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer

* If Hyper-V is ON, VT-x will not be available; Hyper-V must be OFF to have VT-x recognised by virtual machines.

Turn OFF Hyper-V
    Open a Command prompt with administrative rights (Admin)
    type
    bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off
    exit

Reboot your OS

or

Go to Control Panel -> Programs -> Programs and Features -> click Turn Windows features on or off -> un-check Hyper-V -> click OK

I'm not an Acer employee.