RE: Acer Backup Manager, C:Acer or (Disk0)Hitachi

Options
Member Posts: 71 New User

which of the two C:Acer, or (Disk0)Hitachi is, regarding Mirror Image, is more relevant. Are both necessary to fix  a computer(In my case an Aspire V5-571). Thank you....Philip

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

C: Acer is the partition were operating system and programs are.

Disk0 is the whole HDD.

Acer backup, just does a backup of your files (single partition or whole HDD), so you can easily recover your files in case of wrong erase or anything else.

Acer erecovery is more important, since it will create a bootable media that will help you re-install your OS even if the HDD is gone.

it's your choice but personally i would backup the C: Acer (if your personal data is there) and do a recovery media.

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

C: Acer is the partition were operating system and programs are.

Disk0 is the whole HDD.

Acer backup, just does a backup of your files (single partition or whole HDD), so you can easily recover your files in case of wrong erase or anything else.

Acer erecovery is more important, since it will create a bootable media that will help you re-install your OS even if the HDD is gone.

it's your choice but personally i would backup the C: Acer (if your personal data is there) and do a recovery media.

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • Member Posts: 71 New User
    Options

The C:Acer says over 600GB how could it be so much; same with (Disk ))Hitachi. Am I imaging things if I believe, since this is almost 1.5 TB, that the creation of such would take a vey long time.