Question about the availability of the Acer Aspire V3-572G-543S

Options
nsmccool
nsmccool Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello everyone, I have been waiting for the V3-572G-543S for some time now, as I'm sure there are others in the same boat. I pre-ordered this product over a month ago, back when the release date was anticipated to be 2/6, then it got bumped to 2/20, and now we're up to 3/6. Anyone have any info on when this will actually be available? I have a laptop with a cracked screen that I'm suffering with and it's killing me wondering if this laptop is going to get bumped back again or not

e/ I got these dates from Newegg

Answers

• Piper35
    Piper35 Member Posts: 5 New User
    Options

Depending on what you intend to do with your old unit, it is surpringly easy to put in a new screen.  Go to YouTube and query on your model to see if any of the videos show screen replacement.  There are many screen vendors out there to get a new one from.  I recently worked with http://www.laptopscreen.com/English/ and they have videos as well.  They wer fast on delivery and the reurn (screen was not problem)  Of course if you are handyman challenged, wait until the new unit arrives before tackling repair.  Good Luck.

• nsmccool
    Options

Thanks for the suggestion. To be totally honest, the laptop I'm currently using is over 6 years old and probably not worth the investment. Though I might toy with it just to see what it's like to replace a screen. Many years ago, the casing that held my charging port in place snapped off internally. They wanted like 400$ to fix it. I opened everything up and fixed it with some superglue for the price of just the glue Smiley Happy I definitely enjoy doing stuff like that, so I can appreciate the suggestion to fix the screen

• nsmccool
    Options

So does anyone have any info on this product by any chance?