Qualcomm wireless problem

Options
verene
verene Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

I'm having the same problem on my desktop and have also figured out it is the network adaptor (I have the same Qualcomm listed above). The internet connection drops randomly and I have to disconnect and reconnect to the network. This is despite the computer recognizing that the wireless connection is fine. The driver is updated to the latest version. I searched online and have tried various fixes to no avail (I turned off the option to let the computer disconnect the connection to save power, which was on despite me having a desktop. I also tried unchecking IPv6 and changing the roaming policy to very low, neither of which worked.) This is very frustrating, especially on a computer less than 6 months old. I need an actual working fix to this or for Acer to replace the network adaptor if it is faulty.

Answers

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options

Have you tried the computer on a different network to make sure the problem isn't related to the network configuration and setup? If the problem persists on multiple networks, I suggest you contact technical support to inquire about warranty repair options.

• verene

Tinkerer

Options

I can't exactly try other networks as it's a desktop but I know the network is fine and has a strong signal which the computer recognizes even when the problem occurs and my other computers and gadgets still have a good connection as well. Will contact tech support.

• verene

Tinkerer

Options

Windows 10 seems to have fixed the problem. No random disconnects in 3 days, knock on wood.

• Blayn-Acer
    Blayn-Acer Administrator Posts: 2,355 Community Administrator
    Options
    Glad to hear Windows 10 fixed the problem.
  • verene

Tinkerer

Options

I think it just lessoned it. It happened last night. But at least it's not 2-3 times a day now.