Purchased aspire E 15 E5-511-P58T for Civil CAD purpose, But the lappy is too slow to use.

Options
fuji2278
fuji2278 Member Posts: 1 New User

own Aspire E 15   E5-511-P58T , i bought it for Civil Cad Purpose but this lappy is too slow to use.

even when the charger is connected to it, it becomes too slow n watching videos become diificult, videos start clinging

I m very upset plz anyone gimme the solution.

Answers

• philetus
    philetus ACE Posts: 4,759 Pathfinder
    Options

I notice the requirements for AutoCAD Civil require 

"A graphics adapter supporting a resolution of:
    1280 x 1024 with true color (minimum)
    1600 x 1200 with true color (recommended)"

and your Screen Resolution     1366 x 768

I'm guessing the problem is not just in AutoCAD.

See if Acer has an updated graphics driver and it could help to upgrafe your memory to 8GB.

I don't know how important the resolution is' but there are further requirements for 3D

Additional requirements for 3D modeling

Memory8 GB RAM or more
    Disk Space9 GB free hard disk available, not including installation
    Display Card1280x1024 True Color video display adapter 128 MB or greater, Pixel Shader 3.0 or greater, Direct3D®-capable workstation class graphics card.

Note: Recommended video memory is 256 MB for normal images, and 512 MB for Medium Image Material Library images.
  • rodent
    rodent Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Options

Fallen into the same trap..Same problem with the E5-511; a bad buy not up to the job. A very slow, easily overloaded processor not really up to web functions, let alone CAD. To make any sense out of the machine I've just about deleted every non essential application, down to the bone. I've even replaced the HD thinking there was a problem with it. This notebook has been returned to the shop 3 times in the past 3 months for slowness, and they did find aproblem with the BIOS and HD which by WIN8 wasn't detected. Ironically all the issues I have with this one don't appear on the E5-571 which runs perfectly well. ACER should be ashamed of this product.....it's *****.