Problems with output to a TV

Options
RobinS
RobinS Member Posts: 6 New User

I have an Aspre 5742 which is a couple of years old now. It is running Windows 7. I have been trying to output the display to my TV but it is not working.

When using the HDMI connector there is no output whatsoever. I have followed the suggestions on the Acer website about detecting connected monitors but this does not detect my TV 

When using the VGA output the deTect function detects the presence of the TV but the TV does not detect the computer.

I have connected another computer to the same TV using the same cables (HDMI and VGA) and everything works just fine.

I have updated the video drivers on the Acer but there is no change.

A few months ago we had to change the hard disk as the original packed in. I put in the same model disc as I took out and reloaded tyhe software from the rescue disc. Prior to this the HDMI worked perfectly.

TV is a Sony Bravia

Any ideas about how I can fix this?

Cheers

Answers

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Options

What's your VGA?

I'm not an Acer employee.
  • RobinS
    Options

Just the one that is built into the computer,

• IronFly
    Options

there are 3 VGA listed on Acer support site.....can you please check it?

Intel

nvidia

ATI

control panel/device manager/display adapters

• RobinS
    Options

It's an Intel

• IronFly
    Options

I would suggest you to try the latest Intel VGA drivers available from Intel website:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx?lang=eng

jsut remember to uninstall the Acer/intel drivers first.

• RobinS
    Options

Sorry for the long delay in replying. I sort of gave up on this. The drivers are the latest ones according to the Intel site so am no further forward. Still not getting any output from the HDMI or VGA port. Odd that these both used to work until I had to re-install all the software etc from the rescue disk.

Any one get any mire ideas?

Thanks