Problems with Launch Manager and Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter

Options
jessejamestw23
jessejamestw23 Member Posts: 12 New User
edited March 2023 in 2014 Archives

I have 2 issues with my Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit laptop.

1. Launch Manager: It keeps messing up. If I reinstall it for the day, it works. The next day it quits working again.

2. Microsoft Teredo Tunneling Adapter: It is throwing Code 10, which says the device failed to start.

Other than these issues, the computer works fine. Along with help from Microsoft, someone at Acer, and Windows 7 Help Forums, y'all are basically my only reliable sources.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Answers

• Ryanrr
    Ryanrr Member Posts: 831 Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options

jessejamestw23,

I know it is the easiest solution and most people don't like it because you have to start from scratch, but have you tried performing a factory restore using the Acer Recovery management software?

I know this is not ideal, but because it is software related it is hard to determine what is interacting or causing conflict that those two items are causing errors or stop working all together.

Because a factory restore deletes all user data, I would first recommend backing up all your personal data to an external source.

• jessejamestw23
    jessejamestw23 Member Posts: 12 New User
    Options

My tunneling adapter all of a sudden started working again. It's just my Launch Manager that I can't get to work right. I will try your suggestion. Thank you very much!