Problem installing recovery

Options
Driad
Driad Member Posts: 5 New User

Hello i have trouble with some Acer tech ...

I have change HDD because the last one have crash, i told acer tech how i can retrive my windows, they told me buy dvd recovery, i have buy it but is not possible to install because the new hdd dident have the acer recovery partition for the dvd recovery system this is a big trouble and i feel very bad about this if the trpuble is not resolve i never buy or recommand Acer again and i publicly post this trouble about this insane and not normal trouble!!!

Best Answer

• IronFly
    IronFly ACE Posts: 18,413 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options

it's not a bug, you need to have a completly wiped HDD to install from DVDs:

you need to completly wipe your HDD
    http://www.partitionwizard.com/partition-wizard-bootable-cd.html
    download the .iso file
    then use a software to burn CD/DVD and burn the .iso file
    once done, put the CD/DVD on your desktop, boot from CD/USB (maybe you need to boot under Legacy if you have UEFI BIOS)
    press F12 at boot and choose CD or USB
    at the desktop
    select your HDD
    right click on your HDD icon and choose delete all patitions and click on yes and then apply
    http://www.partitionwizard.com/help/delete-all-partitions.html#howto
    then exit partition wizard, boot to BIOS, set UEFI back from Legacy (if you have UEFI BIOS) and boot from the erecovery media

I'm not an Acer employee.

Answers

• IronFly
    Options

with the Acer DVD recovery media, you don't need the Acer recovery partition on the new HDD; you are missing some steps on re-installing.

can you explain your process to re-install and which kind of error are you facing?

• Driad
    Options

For réinstall i follow the step 1: Acer system disk and system told me to change bios to uefi mode,
    I change bios to uefi mode and the system disk do a srtep where i have 3 choice 
    1: restaur os 

2: restaure computer

3: quit

When i select any selection i have message : start in legacy mode ... 

if i start in legacy mode error message start in uefi mode this is a insane problem ...

• Driad
    Options

for complete the bug the windows tag (key) is not write before windows 8 and 8.1 

I can't install a new by a iso with my key to resolve this trouble made for pay more and more ...

• IronFly
    Answer ✓
    Options

it's not a bug, you need to have a completly wiped HDD to install from DVDs:

you need to completly wipe your HDD
    http://www.partitionwizard.com/partition-wizard-bootable-cd.html
    download the .iso file
    then use a software to burn CD/DVD and burn the .iso file
    once done, put the CD/DVD on your desktop, boot from CD/USB (maybe you need to boot under Legacy if you have UEFI BIOS)
    press F12 at boot and choose CD or USB
    at the desktop
    select your HDD
    right click on your HDD icon and choose delete all patitions and click on yes and then apply
    http://www.partitionwizard.com/help/delete-all-partitions.html#howto
    then exit partition wizard, boot to BIOS, set UEFI back from Legacy (if you have UEFI BIOS) and boot from the erecovery media

• Driad
    Options

All those step are already try and i have this BUG i have retake with this other program but same result!!!

If i'm in UEFI mode the Acer recovery Management start, 

i chose language and ... i have 3 chose 

1: restore OS

2: restore computer 

3: quit

All chose told me start in legacy bios mode

In legacy bios mode i have error at start of Acer recovery management cant in legacy mode please turn in UEFI mode 
    one ctep told me legacy the other told me UEFI cant do noting ... 

• IronFly
    Options

This happens when the HDD has some partitions or issues, not a problem of Acer erecovery DVDs.

Edit: once in partition wizard, choose WIPE HDD, instead of delete partition, choose the first option after selecting wipe HDD, it will take longer but it will delete everything on HDD even MBR or GPT.

• Driad
    Options

I have take a new time and done now install done and work Thanks

• IronFly
    Options

You welcome. Smiley Happy